Thursday, September 9, 2010

Roger Federer US Open Presser: Against Me, Novak “Hasn’t Been Able to Get it Done”

Roger Federer US Open Presser: Against Me, Novak “Hasn’t Been Able to Get it Done” [Video]: "Roger Federer talked to the press after his big win over Robin Soderling Wednesday night at the US Open.


The impressive performance avenges Soderling’s upset at the French Open and lifts Federer’s record against the Swede to 13-1.

Among the highlights, Federer talks about playing in the wind: “Yeah, I think by now I do. Because I see it as a challenge and I see it as an opportunity to play differently. It’s not easy, you know. It’s cold. Everywhere it’s blowing. You feel like it’s blowing through your ears and into your eyes. But I think I used to dislike it so much that I’m on the other side now. And I was able to turn it around and kind of take enjoyment out of playing in the wind, actually.”

And he also opens up about playing Novak Djokovic, his semifinal opponent on Saturday: “I think this kind of [surface] favors his play the most, kind of a faster hard court because he can pick up some incredible balls and half volley them, redirect them. It helps maybe serve a bit more, and on the return he can zone in a bit and all of a sudden he’s really tough to pass when he’s returning. That’s what makes him one of the best players in the game right now and especially on this surface he’s obviously in the Top 3 or 4 and That’s why he’s been able to play consistent here at the Open. He’s obviously waiting for a breakthrough where he can win this title but for the last three or four years he’s gone through me and he hasn’t been able to get it done. I’m looking forward to it. He’s a good player, had good luck in Toronto. We’ll see how it goes on Saturday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment